Zimmermania

Monday, May 28, 2007

Snail Hat with 3 Spirals


This is the snail hat with 3 spirals from The Opinionated Knitter. I used the Sheepsdown yarn recommended in the pattern, and it took a bit less than one skein. The book warns that you might need more than one skein, but I didn't find that to be true. Please note there is a correction to this pattern on the Schoolhouse Press site (the directions for the top shaping should say "k15", not "k13". Between not realizing this at first and not reading the pattern correctly for the decrease rounds, I ended up ripping out several rounds at least 3, if not 4, times. The yarn held up pretty well, though, with just a couple of weak spots. And I felt very pleased with myself when I finally got it right (though I would have been even more pleased if I'd done it right the first time)! I think this will be the warmest hat I own.

3 Comments:

  • i am in love with this hat. it is so weel engineered and i have been wondering why we haven't done one all of us on this blog. eventually i will have sheepsdown sent to denmark and knit a few of these. very well done.

    By Blogger knititch, at 4:20 PM  

  • but let's see a picture of you wearing the hat!

    By Blogger emily, at 1:21 PM  

  • Thanks for the pattern correction!
    I just ordered Sheepsdown to start this one for me and yarn to start the Duppelmossa for my husband,
    I am anxious to get going on it!

    By Blogger luv2knit, at 4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home