Zimmermania

Saturday, June 02, 2007

tomtenspiration



this morning there was yarn in the mail. and that seduced me to swatch for my next tomten which is going to be yet another version. a tweedy leprechaurn irish tomten??? i love the wool and the bright happy yet broken green colour. the flecks almost look like carrot and emerald confetti. and i shall start it as soon as the fair isle is finished. it will be. next week. i am dying to experiment with this green and bobbly wonder.
as you can see i have tried out two different i-cord button-holes. that will be a nice addition. i will go for the lower one- the hidden i cord button hole. happy knitting.

2 Comments:

  • I've never seen bobbles in garter stitch before. I like the effect! That green yarn is wonderful.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:07 PM  

  • I love the bright greeny green spring color with shoots of carrot and basil. (What is it??)

    Just a thought - I used the hidden i-cord button hole for a sweater for a three-year old. The openings weren't obvious enough for the wee tyke. A few years older and it would have been o.k.

    By Blogger Bullwinkle, at 8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home