Zimmermania

Sunday, April 01, 2007

An Introduction and Two Hats

I have been lurking on Zimmermania for quite some time now, and admiring everyone's beautiful projects. I have been an Elizabeth Zimmerman fan for a few years now (Knitting Around was my first EZ book and I often pick it up just for comfort reading). Anyways, I thought I should stop lurking and join! This year I knit EZ winter hats for both my kids. I really think her hats are so much cuter than more recent designs found in many knitting books. And they also have great ear coverage, which is important when you live in Canada.

Here is my 1 year old daughter in her Ganomy. It was knit in Debbie Bliss Cashsoft Merino Aran. She is our little Winter Garden Gnome!


And here is my 6 year old son in his Maltese Fisherman. It was knit in King "Super" Australian Merino. I had to add several stitches to make it big enough and added the garter stitch border to finish it off. He thinks he looks like a knight.


I also have a recently finished Tomten to post, but have to load the photos onto my computer.
So for now, thanks for letting me join this great group!

Mel Austen

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • Your little ones look so sweet in their hats! And yes, he does look like a knight. :)

    By Blogger goodkarma, at 7:06 PM  

  • Cute hats and kids! Both my sons use their Maltese Fisherman's hats for Knight helmets too!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:26 PM  

  • Those hats look so sweet on your kids!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home