Zimmermania

Friday, January 05, 2007



Here's my second EZ sweater, bright and bold! This is done from Morehouse Merino, 3ply. Gauge is about 4.5 stitches per inch, done on Size 8 Addi Turbos. I don't love or hate this one--it turned out exactly as I planned it, so I guess that's a good thing. Lots of learning experiences on this one. First and foremost, I really prefer sweaters at a finer gauge.

By the way, my inspiration for this color scheme is a great pair of socks I own. When my LYS was having a sale, I just grabbed one skein in each of the sock colors!

I cast on for this sweater on Christmas day, finished all but the weaving and grafting by the 29th. Finished blocking today.

4 Comments:

  • You knit that sweater so fast it's almost obscene! I wish I had your skills! You'll never lose it at the back of the closet, either. :)

    By Blogger Sarah / Blue Garter, at 4:45 PM  

  • I have never in my life knit anything that fast, let alone an entire sweater. Not even a sleeve. I'm sure it has *something* to do with a Thing 1 and Thing 2, ages 4 and 2, running around my house constantly. ;) Congrats!

    By Blogger JenniferB, at 4:57 PM  

  • I love the colors! Where did you get the designs?

    By Blogger KnittingJones, at 5:44 AM  

  • WOW! Did you sleep at all? Impressive knitting and I really REALLY like the colors you chose!

    By Blogger Christine, at 7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home