Zimmermania

Friday, January 05, 2007

Q for those who have knit the seamless baby sweater

I need a baby gift in a hurry for a mom I barely know (long story) and I don't have the cash right now to be buying more yarn. I was wondering how much yarn all those who have knit the almost seamless baby sweater from the Almanac have used yardage wise? I'm thinking I'll use some Lamb's Pride superwash I have in my stash but I'm not sure if I have enough and I know I can't get more of this dyelot (I can't find any in my search so far anyway). Thanks to anyone who can help!

5 Comments:

  • How much depends on gauge and all that other stuff, but I vaguely remember mine taking about 3-1/2 skeins and the skeins were about 120 yards each, so maybe around 400 yards?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:34 PM  

  • Hi!

    Like k2karen mentioned - gauge is key. But, I used Blue Sky Alpaca Sportweight yarn. Used just short of 3 skeins - each skein being approximately 110 yards, so I used around 300 yards.

    Good luck!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:21 PM  

  • I had fun knitting this one up in Rowan Wool Cotton. It took just under 2 balls (50 grams/113 yards for each ball) on size 5 needles.

    The sweater fits a newborn baby with room to grow through the winter and into the spring.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:01 PM  

  • I just finished one using a dk weight wool/scrylic blend (very soft and machine washable) from my stash. I used less than 2 50g balls -less than 300 yards.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:52 AM  

  • Ditto what everyone else is saying. I knit it out of Kraemer's Little Lehigh and it took about 300 yards (I was using mill end's seconds so I can't be sure as the balls didn't have bands). It really is easey if you pay attention.

    By Blogger Lola and Ava, at 4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home