Zimmermania

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Ribbit

The experimental "Seamless" Baby sweater is history. Kaput. It hit the frog pond Saturday afternoon, after a good deal of time spent Friday evening trying to un-knit back to the armholes, after which I had already pretty much decided that I should just rip out and go with the pattern the way it was written. Besides, it was looking far too large for the baby I intended it for.

I went to knitting group Saturday morning with a different project. Betsy, a generous and kind woman in our group, brought gifts for us all. She had made up little kits from her stash yarn for everyone in our group - with no notion that I had been working on , she gifted me three balls of Rowan "Nice" cotton yarn, and a copy of her favorite baby sweater pattern:

Yep, the same one, what a coincidence! She gave me a lot of good advice, and also showed me a finished sweater done in the same yarn, so I was able to make sure I'd be making the right size.

Not to say that I may not try to alter a Zimmerman pattern ever again, but for now, I'm going to stitck with the way The Knitting Goddess wrote it!

2 Comments:

  • You know EZ did plenty of experimenting and frogging as she figured out all this crazy formulas and patterns. So, now you know one way that doesn't work--that's done:)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:57 PM  

  • I keep seeing these beautiful baby sweaters and the pattern is so romantic and lovely I'm wondering how difficult it would be to make it a lot bigger -- like me sized...? What do you think? Would that be easy or hard? I haven't actually seen the pattern for this one...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home