Zimmermania

Monday, January 01, 2007

One of the Easiest Sweaters Ever

Or should I have said "EZ-est" instead? Either way, this was one simple little number once I got past some of the directions. Picking up after the sleeves were done was the most confusing part, but even that wasn't super challenging. The best, and I mean the absolute best, part of this sweater is that it cost me about $1.75 in materials. Kraemer's has a section in the back of their shop where they sell mill ends. I bought a bag of Little Lehigh (in Peek-a-boo), a nice DK cotton yarn, for $3.49 and hoped I would have enough to make a sweater for a colleague at work. I shouldn't have hoped so hard because I had enough to make at least two sweaters. Maybe I can talk my sister into have another baby . . . just a thought. Off to make my own EZ yoke sweater. Happy new year!


February sweater from The Knitter's Almanac

5 Comments:

  • That is really cute! Maybe you can make matching sockies and a bootie set, or something like that!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:15 PM  

  • its gorgeous. maybe i'll have a baby just so i can make one of these guys. kidding.

    how long did it take you out of curiosity?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:12 PM  

  • The sweater is beautiful! I tried it last week, but I messed up somewhere along the way because I my stitch count went down. Are you suppose to keep increasing stitches as well as decrease (k3 tog)?! By the way I shop at Kramer's too so we both live in the LV!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:16 AM  

  • It's gorgeous - I love that color! I always gravitate towards the muted colors - I'm going for something bright next time.

    By Blogger mishi2x, at 7:22 AM  

  • It only took me about a day and a half to make. The directions were a bit odd and I made my initial increases wrong. For the decrecreases in the last section, I think I only did them for one round. Rose, I actually live in Stroudsburg, but Kraemer's is so damn close that I will pop out every week or so.

    By Blogger Lola and Ava, at 4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home