Zimmermania

Saturday, December 30, 2006

All Set to Start!

I've been promising myself since October that once the Christmas knitting was finished I would finally get started on a fitted bog jacket for myself in some gorgeous Manos del Uruguay. This will be my first bog jacket and I'm pulling out all the stops: fitted waist, shoulder shaping, short rows in back, striping (including a stunning kettle-dyed Manos colorway) across the shoulders. Nothing like taking a simple design and making it all sorts of complicated, right? I spent yesterday and today doing all my calculations and writing out instructions for myself, and now all I have to do is cast on -- woo-hoo! Wish me luck!

Splindarella

2 Comments:

  • Spin -- can't wait to see it!

    By Blogger KnittingJones, at 4:12 AM  

  • I just cast on my first one two... Maybe we can cheer each other along...
    Casey

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home