Zimmermania

Thursday, December 28, 2006

1st Zimmermann piece!


This was my very first Elizabeth Zimmermann piece, and actually my very first garment. I picked the almost seamless baby jacket from the Knitter's Almanac. It had such simple instructions, and I thought the "lace" work was quite charming. I must say - what melts the heart are the buttons. I made a few mistakes on some of the pattern rows, but when trying to tink back and fix, I realized I was making it worse. So I plowed on. Hopefully most of it is camouflaged.

7 Comments:

  • What a pretty sweater! I just cast on to make this little sweater last night. I am so excited to see the recent posts and will look forward to hearing any details.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:33 AM  

  • looks lovely!!! good for you!

    By Blogger southern gal, at 4:27 PM  

  • it's adorable, especially with the bunny buttons!

    By Blogger sweetfigs, at 5:12 AM  

  • Cute, Cute, Cute. What a great first sweater! What would we do without EZ????

    By Blogger Kathy in DC, at 5:34 AM  

  • It looks great!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:41 AM  

  • Adorable! I like that it's an "unusual" baby color too - it will go with everything!

    By Blogger Lori, at 2:48 PM  

  • gorgeous!!! i looooove it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home