Zimmermania

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Icelandic Pullover Yarn Choice

After much hawing and hemming, I finally took the path of least resistance and ordered some Knitpicks Wool of the Andes for my niece's Icelandic Pullover (which, in all likelihood, will not be ready for the child's actual birthday). She requested a hefty dose of purple, and frankly it's difficult to find purple colorways that are not too garish. Plus I know she looks great in dark colors, so I went with the following scheme:




That's Mist, Avocado, Hush, and Violet. Mist will be the main color and the others will comprise the yoke. For the curious, this pattern is #14, in The Opinionated Knitter.

We hope this basic wool is not deemed too scratchy, but in my experience Peruvian wool is pretty neutral. And anyway, she's going to be seven - now is the time to conquer this anti-wool bias!

3 Comments:

  • I think those colors are lovely together!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:35 PM  

  • Lovely colors .... and how "Fig and Plum-y" they are!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:11 PM  

  • I agree with Kathy, the colors look like your moniker! You know, I bet she'd love a matching scarf. She could be very 'uptoen' -- I have an 8 yo neighbor who is more fashion conscious than anyone I've ever met.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home