Zimmermania

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Bogging Slowly Along

So, garter stitch goes really slooowly...
Especially when you have so many stitches on the needles! And it's only going to get worse when I add on all the extra stitches for the sleeves. Then my rows are going to be miles long... but sometimes, that's the way rows have to be.
The little smidge of green in the corner is going to be the contrasting i-cord border. I was going to put a stripe in the sleeve, but now I'm thinking no.
Soon it will be time for that nifty trick where you knit in the waste yarn to separate the front panels from the sleeves, and then it's on to casting on all those sleeve stitches. It's really OK that I'm going so slowly on this, as it was 81 degrees today in NYC (!) and that is hardly wooly bog-jacket weather.

3 Comments:

  • It's supposed to be much cooler here tomorrow!

    By Blogger Kate A., at 4:30 PM  

  • I did a baby bog for my daughter. I love that little sweater. But I do remember the sea of GS. What size is yours?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:12 PM  

  • I hear ya on the long stretches of garter st...my tomten is plugging slowly along. Your bog is looking good!

    By Blogger S, at 9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home