Zimmermania

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Hi from a fellow Zimmermaniac


I have been knitting seamless sweaters for my kids since about 1984 when I first read "Knitting Without Tears". Here is a photo of one that I made for my youngest in February of last year. Now I am working on a Baby Surprise Jacket for him. His choice of colors is always very bright!
This is the 4th Baby Surprise that I have made. I saw one that a visitor to our yarn store had made. I and some of my knitting students were so intrigued by it that I just had to give it a try. I recently finished teaching a class how to do it too.

My next class project was a Pelerine. I absolutely love this poncho! I made mine of Caron Simply Soft Shadows. Beautiful yarn and so soft. I am hoping to get one of these started in a natural wool yarn with a lace pattern before my class starts mid-October. I love passing on the wonderfully un-vented techniques that I have learned from EZ!

I am really enjoying the photos of the projects that you all have tried. I often think to myself, "Oh, that's what it looks like!" We are so used to seeing full color photos in all of the patterns now that these older ones with the line drawings are hard to imagine. Thanks so much for letting me share in what you are doing!
Denise

3 Comments:

  • caption for photo number one: yeeeeeeeahh!!! i'm wearing my zimmermann sweater!

    very nice FOs :)

    By Blogger jess, at 6:31 PM  

  • Is a Pelerine a style that Elizabeth designed? I love it, and wondered where to find the pattern in her books.

    Marty

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:19 AM  

  • Jessica I love the caption! Carl really loves it when I knit something for him and he is such a ham!!

    The Pelerine I made from Spun Out #40. You can find it on the School House Press web site. I think a garter stitch version of it might have been in Knitters Almanac or Knitters Workshop. This one is stockinette and the pattern also suggests some simple lace patterns to use.

    By Blogger Denise, at 9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home