Zimmermania

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Finally casting on

I gave in to my impulse over the weekend and frogged half a sweater in progress for Afghans for Afghans. It was the 2nd time I'd frogged the sweater; I wasn't having fun with the patterns I'd chosen before the EZ KAL started.

I am now having fun with a tomten. I forgot to take a progress photo, but we all know what 20 rounds of garter stitch look like. Maybe it's the excitement of a new pattern and way of knitting; I'm not bored with the garter stitch.

And then I'm thinking of starting a seamless hybrid for my dad. I have a big stash of Main Line (75% cotton/15% wool) from Knit Picks that might work well. I'm in Houston, and we really don't need wool except for a few days every couple of years.

1 Comments:

  • I'm so glad to hear that someone else is working on a sweater for afghansforAfghans! I was spurred on to start another one when I got their last e-mail, letting us know that only 230 out of the 900 needed sweaters had arrived!

    As for my Zimmermania project--I actually got the kit for a 2-colored baby surprise jacket. And I'm going to need your help on how to work the second color in. I *think* I might be able to get it done in one color, but I cannot figure out how to get the color edgings in. The kit is in sage and silver/grey, I think.

    Okay. Enough dreaming about the next project, back to the sweater on my needles!

    Thanks, Everyone! I'm enjoying your posts and progress!

    By Blogger denyse, at 3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home