Zimmermania

Friday, October 06, 2006

Help! Out of yarn!

I've been knitting my tomten with KnitPicks Wool of the Andes doubled. I wanted a thicker fabric because it's going to Afghanistan. And I've run out of yarn! I have enough to finish the back and hood, but I won't have enough for the sleeves.

I've emailed KnitPicks to see if they can find more in that dye lot. Otherwise, I'll make the sleeves a different color. Do any of you know how much I'll need for the sleeves? It will take me at least 6 skeins to finish the body and hood, and I wonder if I need as much for the sleeves. They are pretty big.

Thank you for your advice!

Edited to add: I'm using Knit Picks Wool of the Andes worsted in color grass. Dye lot is 98054.

3 Comments:

  • If you think about it in %. You will need as much yarn for the two sleeves as you used for front in back.
    In other words:
    back = 3 skeins, 1 sleeve =3 skeins
    front = 3 skeins, 1 sleeve = 3 skeins

    By Blogger Laritza, at 9:28 AM  

  • Thank you. That helps so much. I'm still learning about her methods

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:08 AM  

  • Which color/dyelot are you looking for? Someone may have some in stash if Knitpicks can't locate it for you.

    By Blogger Lori, at 10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home