Zimmermania

Monday, December 17, 2007

A tree and a star

If I were marooned on a desert island I would be happy with one book: Knitter's Almanac. I took my new copy with me on our camping trip last August, read "Christmas Fiddle Faddle in the Wilds," and then knit a tree and a star in November. The entries are evocative of so many things - outdoors; hanging out with the husband; travelling by foot, boat, car, and motorcycle (that one only in my imagination) - that I could read each chapter with the new month and bring forth different memories every time.

Here is my fiddle faddle knit in crochet thread on maybe a size 3 needle:



The tree is about 3" tall and the star is about 1.5" from point to point. I might attach the star to the top of the tree.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home