Zimmermania

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Maltese Christmas Hat

EZ's hats are the best thing in the world for limited Christmas knitting. The Maltese fisherman's hat from the Knitter's Almanac (June) is a fantastic pattern and I have to say that the whole thing knit up quickly, clearly, and the shaping is simply brilliant.





I knit the hat in Knitpicks Telemark in Charcoal, Heather, and Drift, held doubled on US6 needles. The hat came out a bit small, and if I were to do it again, I would use 7s or 8s. Fortunately, my brother (for whom I knit this) has a small head and wool stretches and I was able to block the hat into a larger size that should fit him pretty snuggly.

I just love EZ!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • Great hat! I'm sure your brother will love it. It really is an ingenious pattern, isn't it?

    By Blogger Leanne, at 5:53 AM  

  • Indeed. EZ was a brilliant woman!

    By Blogger krisluvswool, at 9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home