Zimmermania

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Norwegian Cardigan


Finished!
Originally uploaded by lolee - knits

This project took much less time to complete than my Norwegian pullover. Probably because I wasn't afraid to steek and knew what to expect when sewing in the sleeves.

I used the garter stitch border with mitred corners in Knitting Around and also the sewn cast off which works wonderfully well with garter stitch.

The cardigan is shorter than I thought it would be but it's not too short and overall I'm very pleased with this project.

As usual when a project goes well I'm planning my next one. Hopefully a multi-coloured cardigan with my Peace Fleece single skeins.

3 Comments:

  • The sweater is beautiful! GREAT JOB!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:36 AM  

  • I love it in green and white! And since wool sweaters tend to grow in length, I bet it will be the perfect size before long.

    By Blogger Sarah / Blue Garter, at 10:58 AM  

  • i love it. i am so much in love with norwegian sweaters. one could almost think i am norwegian. i hope to get books about these sweaters for christmas. annemor sundbø has written some really beautiful books with a lot of history in about them.

    By Blogger knititch, at 2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home