Zimmermania

Sunday, December 09, 2007

pi shawl

This is actually something I made awhile ago and never blogged about: a pi shawl from three skeins of Misti Alpaca lace weight.
Pi shawls are so brilliant. I can't get over them. This was so easy and fun to make and I probably wear it more than anything else I've ever knit.
I picked out the border from Barbara Walker's Second Treasury. Mostly I would just YO, K2tog every 10 rows or so, but in the middle there's another Barbara Walker pattern because I got bored.
I love this picture because it looks like it has a heavenly glow.
alpacaEtc. 068

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • I love it.
    I've been wanting to make one, but didn't want a garter Pi, yet I prefer simple knitting for the most part - as opposed to staring at charts. How much yarn did you go through? Thanks for the wonderful idea.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:42 PM  

  • To anonymous:
    Thanks for the nice words! I used about 1000yds of lace weight, and knit loosely on US6 needles. And it's big, about four feet in diameter.
    The pattern came from EZ's Knitter's Almanac. She has some great ideas for keeping it simple but doing more than just knit.

    By Blogger Huelo, at 3:18 PM  

  • That is a lovely shawl. Wonderful picture too.

    By Blogger Monika, at 7:06 PM  

  • Ooooohhhh - I can't wait to get started on this. I love the "heavenly" picture. :)
    It looks like perfect plane knitting - and I have one long old flight in a few weeks. Fantastic!

    By Blogger Tina - omme i London, at 1:37 AM  

  • Lovely.

    Just more proof that I need to get some courage and knit one myself!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:25 AM  

  • FABULOUS! It' is gorgeous and as I looked at it I envisioned a tablecloth...if I get the courage, I may try the pattern in cotton for a round table...what do you think?

    By Blogger Nonna Rose, at 7:18 AM  

  • Rose-
    I think it's a great idea! Knit loosely and stretch it aggressively. EZ would suggest a dark color so you don't have to worry about spilling food on it :). Be sure to show us photos when it's done.

    By Blogger Huelo, at 9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home