Zimmermania

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Calling All Blog Jacketeers!

To: Anyone who's knitted the blog jacket from Knitting Around.
I'm looking for some help! I've knitted the body, cast on the extra stitches for the long sleeves and am at the point where I want to work the short rows for the tapered sleeve. I'm not really sure what I'm doing though. I understand how to work a short row in garter stitch, but am confused on placement. Do you knit to the sleeve cuff (or a few inches before) and wrap and turn then knit across the whole body to the other sleeve cuff then wrap and turn and work back, or do you just wrap and turn at the sleeve cuff, knit back to the armhole then wrap and turn and work back to the sleeve cuff on one sleeve at a time?

I don't know if I'm making any sense here, hopefully I am. If you can help me, leave me a comment or you can email me at knitwitATknitaddictionsDOTcom

Thanks! It's so great to have a site to write in to for help when I need it!!!

4 Comments:

  • Emily,
    I am just starting off knitting the bog jacket, I am literally on the 3rd row, so I haven't come to this yet, but my instinct would be to knit all the way across & do the same short row on each side, that way you would make sure they were even & continue on with the shoulder shaping.

    I would think that if you only worked to the shoulder & turn and worked back, the sleeve would get really big in proportion to the rest of the jacket.

    Good luck, can't wait to see FO pics!

    Rachael
    cattywampusblogATgmailDOTcom
    cattywampus.typepad.com

    By Blogger Rachael, at 3:13 PM  

  • You do a short row, knit all the way across the body and the same number of stitches down on the sleeve repeat the short row. I made sure the short rows on my bog jacket were exactly the same distance from my cuff on both ends.

    I also tried (this was tricky, and may have been unnecessary) to mirror the short row placement from underarm to shoulder as I knit the second half of the sleeve from shoulder down the front. Since I put my first short row 5 stitches from the cuff, my last short row was also placed 5 stitches from the cuff, etc.

    By Blogger Kelley, at 4:16 PM  

  • Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it. Going to go knit some sleeves right now. Hope to have some FO pics soon!

    By Blogger Emily/Knit Addictions, at 8:12 PM  

  • Thanks Meg!!!

    By Blogger Emily/Knit Addictions, at 8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home