Zimmermania

Monday, March 12, 2007

My first EZ project


Finally got this working!

This is my first knit-along blog, so, I'm really excited.

I got wind of this blog from the knitlist and really love the stuffs being posted here. I've got most of EZ's books but and read them, but never knit from them until now.

This is my first Ganomy hat. The gauge is different because I didn't like thick wool. I add a total of 16 stitches to the hat due to difference in gauge. But now I wonder if my hat looks the way it suppose to. The front is fine, but when viewing from the side, it got angular shapes to it. Other Ganomy I've seen don't seem to have this problem. Any idea?


Daughter has already requested a BSJ. But she's no longer baby, so I guess I have to figure that out.

9 Comments:

  • Use the adult surprise jacket pattern for your daughter. I've been making my (now) 13 year old daughter surprise jackets from the adult pattern since she was 2 years old.

    By Blogger Knittingand, at 9:25 PM  

  • She looks happy with her hat - great job!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:58 PM  

  • I love the hat and the yarn you have used is beautiful!

    By Blogger picperfic, at 3:34 AM  

  • The angles are fine. It looks the way my Ganomys look.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:06 AM  

  • Your daughter is very cute; I think the hat looks very nice on her.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:29 AM  

  • I havenĀ“t done a Ganomy yet, but yours looks really nice. The color suits your daughter very well, very pretty!

    By Blogger meyer, at 10:23 AM  

  • is it the top you mean. it will not be so prominent if you increase faster. the top is meant to put a ping pong ball in so the hat can float. i think that is such a cute idea of elizabeth's. she always suggest that one use's the tam o shanter to collect blueberries in. lovely lady.

    By Blogger knititch, at 5:15 PM  

  • is it the top you mean. it will not be so prominent if you increase faster. the top is meant to put a ping pong ball in so the hat can float. i think that is such a cute idea of elizabeth's. she always suggest that one use's the tam o shanter to collect blueberries in. lovely lady.

    By Blogger knititch, at 5:15 PM  

  • Heck, I'm 39 and I want a BSJ!! You daughter has excellent taste and an awesome new hat!!

    By Blogger Ali P, at 6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home