Zimmermania

Friday, March 09, 2007

My semi EZ sweater in progress...

My first ever sweater and my first posting to Zimmermania!
This is a work in progress, the principles of which, if not the pattern, are based on EZ's instructions for knitting sweaters in the round in Knitting Without Tears. What I wanted was a set in sleeve since thats the style my boys prefer but the kangaroo pouch is too scary right now for this novice knitter. I found a pattern online for a Weasely sweater (at Sweaterscapes) and am combining the techniques/patterns. Why I must do everything the hard way is a question even my mum can't anwser, but so far so good. I am working in some intarsia since EZ cured me of that fear. Its so much FUN!! This sweater is intended for my almost 10 yr old boy for wearing on the sailboat my husband is hoping to purchase this spring. It gets cold out on the water at night. The yarn is Berocco Ultra Alpaca which is a 50-50 alpaca /wool blend. Dreamy to work with I might add.

1 Comments:

  • Nice pattern/colors for a ten year old boy. He will need a wool sweater to stay warm on that boat!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home