Zimmermania

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Advice Needed

Hi all-

I'm hoping one of you seasoned EZ Yoke Sweater knitters can advise me. I want to make the "Box-the-Compass" sweater from Meg Swansen's book. It's different from most of EZ's yoke sweaters in that the yoke isn't fair isle, it's solid contrasting stripes.

I'm about to order yarn and I'm trying to figure out what percentage of the entire sweater the yoke is. Any one have any estimates? To complicate things further, I'm going to knit this in a sport weight yarn instead of worsted. This should be pretty easy using the "EPS." (Famous last words ...)

Any and all advice welcome. I've been so inspired by everyone's beautiful work, I hope to have my own to show one day soon.

Thank you!

2 Comments:

  • Kathy, I'd suggest you call Meg at Schoolhouse. Meg is so gracious--might as well go to the source! They have a separate phone # for questions. Good luck; I look forward to seeing your sweater.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:04 PM  

  • Thanks, Jen. Great idea!

    By Blogger kathy in Juneau, at 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home