Zimmermania

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Getting to know EZ

I was one of the first to sign up for this KAL, and I am probably the last to contribute!
Well anyway, Hi everyone, I am Mia and live in Göteborg, Sweden. For a long time I've been wanting to get to know Elizabeth Zimmerman and her mathematics, since I am a slave to patterns. When Jessica announced the knitalong, I decided that it was about time. So I purchased the book "Knitting workshop" on ebay, read it and fell in love.
This is the picture of my first project, it is the gauge swatch cap for a sweater, that I will knit for my 8-year old daughter (on the picture, taken half an hour ago!). The yarn is lovely Lornas laces "Fisherman" in the color Bittersweet. Needles 5 mm. And what I learned, apart from the gauge, is that there is quite a lot of pooling going on here. So I will probably alter with two different skeins of yarn as I go on. The sweater will be a turtleneck, but I haven't decided on the yoke shaping yet. Probably raglan. We'll see.
After this starting project I plan a fair isle hat and yoke sweater.
Thanks for all the posts that I have been reading and inspired by, this KAL is a treat! Especially now when Meg joined, Hi Meg, it is really nice that you've discovered us!

2 Comments:

  • Mia, Meg ships internationally!! If you haven't visited the website, it's Gorgeous! www.schoolhousepress.com is the web address for all things by Meg Swansen and Elizabeth Zimmermann!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:26 AM  

  • No, ma'am, you are definitely *not* the last to contribute. I'm still pondering what to make.

    I fell in love with that colorway when I saw my first Clapotis. And as I recall, the pooling wasn't such an issue in that project.

    By Blogger Lynn, at 7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home