Zimmermania

Monday, October 16, 2006

The Dog Ate My Knitting!

But first:
A Snail Hat!
Pattern: Snail Hat (3-swirl version), aka Dairy Queen Hat, from The Opinionated Knitter by Elizabeth Zimmerman
Yarn: Rio de la Plata kettle dyed wool (this is a single-ply, thick and thin)
Needles: US #7 Addi Turbos, 16"
Mods: Just changed the stitch count due to a much smaller gauge. Note to all who would knit this: DO NOT use thick and thin yarn. I wouldn't have, but I ordered it online, and it wasn't what I was expecting, so it was just sitting on my desk, and I thought, why not? When I take it off my head, it is all lumpy like one of those egg-crate things. But whatever, it's still funny to look at, and isn't humour what you're going for when you embark on a project with the name "Dairy Queen"?
As for the Bog Jacket, well, it had a rough weekend. I was nearing completion, getting quite close to the home-stretch of knitting. And then the Husband and I decided to go out for some brunch on Sunday, and I left the Bog, along with all of my knitting, in my knitting basket. Only I forgot that I left a vegan chocolate-chip cookie in my knitting bag, and came home to discover that not only had my Precious Pitbull, Peru, ransacked my bag and eaten my cookie, she had pulled out the Bog Jacket for some snarfling immediately afterward. So not only was it disturbingly damp with saliva and covered in dog hair, but it also had bits of moist, chewed cookie ground into it. Sigh. So I did my best to clean it up, but it won't be able to have a proper bath till it's done. No permanent damage though, I'm relieved to say. At least Peru was a gentle molester of my knitting.

5 Comments:

  • Is the dog OK?..................
    sorry could NOT resist!

    By Blogger Laritza, at 5:43 PM  

  • poor bog! good thing the cookie was a vegan one; and thanks so much for the laugh!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:36 PM  

  • haha! at least it wasn't crayons...you can only imagine what the yard looked like after the boxer ate my ding dong school crayons!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:30 AM  

  • Love the hat! I need to try the updated 3 swirl version!

    By Blogger VickeryKnits, at 3:28 PM  

  • mmm... slobbery, cookiefied bog jacket.

    i hope you are planning to wear that hat to rhinebeck... i love it!!

    By Blogger jess, at 9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home