Zimmermania

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Fair Isle Cardigan

It's totally gray and dreary here today. I'm home alone so you'll have to settle for a shot in the bathroom mirror deal.



The colors from this photo are very accurate.

Pattern: Fair Isle Sweater from The Opinionated Knitter
Yarn: Cascade 220 in colors #8400, 9452, 9407, 8010, 2429, 9451.
Needles: US6 and 5 Addi Turbos, US6 Brittany DPNs
Changes: I used the waist shaping from Retro Prep (IK Fall 2002) and steeked the sweater to make a cardigan (although I failed to add extra stitches for the steek! Don't know where my brain was that day.) I followed the instructions for the band from Meg Swansen's Cardigan Details video.

9 Comments:

  • Very nice indeed.

    I like the colours you choose for the yolk. I like shaping the waist also, it gives a nicer fit.

    Lucette

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:27 PM  

  • Wow, that sweater is beautiful! There are so many things in this group that I need to knit. Do you have a close up picture of the yolk?

    Kate

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:15 PM  

  • Very Pretty. I love the colors in the yoke, and don't you just love the knitted on garter stitch band from Meg? Great job... :)

    By Blogger Liz M., at 7:26 PM  

  • THAT IS STUNNING! and in Cascade 220 as well! Gorgeous.

    By Blogger Suzanne, at 4:05 AM  

  • It's beautiful!

    When you mentioned the waist shaping of Retro Prep before (I think it was you), I dug out my copy and used it for the sweater I'm knitting now and it fits very well. Thank you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:25 AM  

  • beautiful. great choices for colors. I love that pattern - yours is wonderful

    By Blogger j a r e d, at 9:26 AM  

  • beautiful work!! the retroprep fits me really well too... good shaping on that one. i also love the fall/wintry colors at the yoke!

    By Blogger amisha, at 3:20 PM  

  • Gorgeous knitting!

    By Blogger the daily purl, at 8:19 PM  

  • That's a nice classic cardi! One that never goes out of (or into) fashion, still always useful...one day I want to make one too!

    By Blogger Elena, at 1:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home