Zimmermania

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Two days to go...

Like Jess, I'm absolutely thrilled by the number of eager Zimmermaniacs who've come out of the woodwork! I send out more invitations every day and predict we'll have 100 knitters on board by Saturday.

Also like Jess, I've had a more pressing project than the Fishtrap cardi begin to clamor for attention: my best friend from childhood is due with her firstborn on October 11, and the more I think about it, the more I think the wee laddie needs a Baby Surprise to welcome him. I've already volunteered to babysit this kiddo while his parents go rock climbing (his mother is actually hoping he'll arrive early so there will still be a couple of weeks of reasonable weather this fall!), and I figure the little dude is going to need to know which side his bread is buttered on.

Reader, I bought more yarn. I confess I couldn't resist a pair of skeins of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport in the "Ravenwood" colorway - they just shouted "baby boy" to me. I spent an hour searching for my #4 circs last night and finally emerged triumphant, so I'll be casting on for two projects at once.

I love seeing everyone's updates and aspirations - keep them coming!

1 Comments:

  • Hi folks,
    I've just found your blog via Kate's aastrikke blog. Thought you all may be interested to see my blog:
    www.spinningspiderjenny.blogspot.com
    Among other things, I'm writing a book for Schoolhouse Press that'll focus on some of the pieces of EZ and Meg, all handspun and naturally dyed (all technique included.) Do check my August archives for the early posts saying why I do what I do. You Zimmermanian's may like what you see. Cheers, Jenny Bakriges

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home