Zimmermania

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Bog Jacket, Anyone?

So yes, I am yet another Jessica (I believe it was the most popular girl's name in the year that I was born, lucky me). Thank you so much Sarah and Jess for putting this together--I'm so excited to get started!
I was thinking about doing a bog jacket--anyone else feeling boggy? I searched Google, and the only blogged version that I found was this adorable one from Knit and Tonic. Now, Girlfriend and I don't have quite the same figure, so I'm not sure how it would look on me, but how cute is her kimono-style jacket?
I'm undecided as to whether I'll go for the full-modification version (longer sleeves, shaping, etc.) pictured on Liesl in Knitting Around (maybe adding a double-zipper), or a more kimono-y variation. Guess I'd better figure that out soon, as the kick-off is Saturday! Also need to figure out, somehow, how much yarn I'm going to need....

4 Comments:

  • There is a great jacket in the new Phildar magazine that has sort of a trapeze/triangle look like in the sweater you linked to...it's pretty advanced, but very cute.

    By Blogger andrea, at 12:40 AM  

  • I'm thinking of a little one for my son, maybe I'll do it while I work on my epic EZ project for evening knitting (while I'm hiding the Seamless Hybrid that's to be Hubby's Christmas present).

    To figure out how much yarn you'll need try figuring out the area of the size you want to knit for the total jacket then knit a swatch in the yarn you want to use and weigh it to find out how much yarn is in the swatch then it's just a little math to extrapolate that up to the full sweater (although I'd buy a bit extra yardage for insurance). If you need help with the math let me know.

    By Blogger fibersnob, at 6:33 AM  

  • Thank you for the calculation-suggestion! I guess I really am just knitting a giant square, right? Now time to figure out which yarn I'm using so I can start swatching. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:36 AM  

  • I really like the shape of the bog jacket, both the simple one and the modified one. Looking fwd to seeing what you choose!

    By Blogger S, at 8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home