Zimmermania

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Modular Tomten Jacket

For the past week and a half I've been working on the Modular Tomten Jacket for my son. I've been purposefully making it in a large size (to fit a 2-3 year old) so he'll have a nice warm sweater jacket for next winter. And to make it a little extra-special, I am knitting it all out of yarn I've spun (and am still currently spinning...I like to knit dangerously). The roving is lamb combed top, in a nice dark, vaguely tweedy brown called Fudge Brownie, from Nickstock Farms. It is a dream to spin and is working up nice and thick. My gauge knitting in garter stitch with it is 4 sts to the inch. Right now the jacket is not too exciting to behold, but when I finish the armholes and start the sleeves I'll post a photo.

Thank you to Jessica and Sarah for hostessing this KAL, to Meg Swason for her seal of approval, and to Elizabeth Zimmerman for teaching me to knit intelligently.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home