Zimmermania

Monday, September 18, 2006

I'm a beginner. Sort of.

Don't know if I'm quite ready to take the plunge into knitting in the round, but even if I don't, I'll at least watch and learn, eh? I just put The Book on hold at my local bookstore, where it's on sale for only $7.98. Neat, huh? Now, I have to find some yarn that a) doesn't shed, and b) won't kill my boyfriend, who is allergic to wool. Something not too expensive, not too linty, a little tweedy (or at least not too monochromatic). Something dark. Any ideas?

4 Comments:

  • What about the seamless sweater? Brooklyn Tweed mentioned a seamless hybrid sweater (p.73). There's also a seamless raglan and seamless saddle shoulder too.

    By Blogger Glaistig, at 5:08 PM  

  • Yeah, that's probably the one I'll go for...something simple and minimalist. Still have to go pick up my book, of course. :)

    By Blogger andrea, at 5:54 PM  

  • You can totally knit in the round - we'll all cheer you on! Here's my most trusted resource in seeking out new yarns: http://www.knittersreview.com/yarn.asp Good luck!

    By Blogger Sarah / Blue Garter, at 6:13 PM  

  • Hey, thanks, I'll check it out!

    By Blogger andrea, at 7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home