Zimmermania

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Hello!

Hi! I'm Lori, currently living in Alaska. I'm very excited about Zimmermania, as I am a farily recent convert.
When I first moved here about a year ago, I started going to the local knit group, and was always overhearing things like, "Well, Elizabeth says if you ssk this way..." and "Oh, what a lovely sweater; are you using an Elizabeth method?" and odd references to being " a believer in the Way of the Goddess..." I finally got fed up enough to ask, "Who is this 'Elizabeth' and when is she going to come to knit group so I can learn these wonderful ways of hers!?"
They all stared at me. "You don't know about Elizabeth Zimmerman???"
Within a week I had three of her books in my posession, and was starting my first Baby Surprise sweater. That was over a year ago.
I'm going to use this group as a way to (finally) get around to the sweater I should have already knit for my husband. I've been planning to do a version of Gaffer's Fisherman Gansey from Knitting Workshop; I have the yarn and pattern specs, I just need the motivation...


Here it is now. Let's see how far I can get with you guys as inspiration! (I'm already considering a fishtrap sweater, since the hat Jess made looks so good...)

Here's to Zimmermania!!!

1 Comments:

  • oooh, a gansey! and you live in alaska! and you have a funny EZ story! and there is a photograph of a moose on your blog!

    i like you already, and it has nothing to do with your complementing my cap ;)

    is there a pattern photo of the gansey? i don't have knitting workshop, but i'd love to see what it looks like.

    By Blogger jess, at 7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home