Zimmermania

Monday, September 18, 2006

Zimmermann from the past

I know we haven't officially started this thing yet, but i figured it was fair game to post up previous Zimmermann projects we've done. If you have any in your archives, please share them! This can just be considered a nice warm up to the 23rd.

I recently completed a version of the Seamless Hybrid from "Knitting Without Tears." An absolutely great experience - if anyone is considering this pattern, you have my fervant recommendation.

Seamless Hybrid
click to see larger photo

waaay too much information can be found here.

Also, last year I made the Ganomy Hat from 'Knitter's Almanac' for my roommate. Innovative and simple, in true EZ fashion. Here are some photos we snapped way back when:

Ganomy | Decreases 2 Ganomy | Side 1 Ganomy | Decreases 1

Whats up for me and the KAL? I'm scheming to do the 'Saddle-Shouldered Aran Cardigan' from WoolGathering #63. I'm in the process of finding the right wool - there are too many great choices. My inspiration came from Elli, who is also undertaking the same piece. Check out her progress here.

I'm looking forward to banding together for the greater Zimmermann good!

4 Comments:

  • I've wanted that hat ever since I saw it on Jessica's blog a couple of days ago!

    The hat and sweater look great! It's great to be able to see Madame Zimmerman's patterns in the flesh. The plummy color on the sweater is gorgeous.

    By Blogger Glaistig, at 5:11 PM  

  • I'm planning to make the same cardigan. I think I need to join this group. It will be a while before I get started though cuz I'm spinning up some cormo to knit it with. Wish me luck!

    By Blogger superstahr, at 12:23 PM  

  • Fellow Brooklynite! Wassup!

    I fell in love with your Seamless Hybrid, color, TWEED and all! You inspired me to make one for Tano (short for Luciano) aka El Esposo. :D

    I ordered the books, received some Dale of Norway Sisik as a gift in this nice red and I started planning out the sweater last night.

    It'll be the first sweater I knit my husband!

    BTW: When I showed him your blog, I couldn't help throwing jabs in there about how you're a MANLY man that KNITS and there's no problem with that!

    Keep on knitting!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:08 AM  

  • Great work, very inspirational. Hansome model/roomate :D

    By Blogger Estellika, at 9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home