Zimmermania

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Ganomy Hat!

Hello to all you other Zimmermann fans :-) I only learnt about EZ comparitively recently; she's not so famous here in England, which is fairly shameful considering it was her birthplace..!

I've decided to start off small with the Ganomy Hat, knitted on finer yarn to make it smaller. In theory. I'd also like to knit the Pi Shawl on the cover of Knitter's Almanac. And eventually get enough confidence to knit a sweater with steeks.

Right now, I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone makes!

5 Comments:

  • I'm doing Ganomy too! What finer yarn are you thinking about using??

    Steeks scare me! I wonder if any of EZ's videos show her steek technique. . . .

    By Blogger Glaistig, at 2:22 PM  

  • It's Adriafil New Zealand Multicolour, DK weight.

    I cast on last night and knitted two pattern repeats but didn't like the way the increases were looking, so it's frogged and I'm going to restart it today. Size-wise, it looks as if it'll fit my little boy's head perfectly. :-D

    By Blogger Kate, at 11:47 PM  

  • So it's a hat for the ickle monkey! At last he will have a fine head covering to rival his brother's :)

    By Blogger Badger, at 3:30 AM  

  • Interesting that you're using New Zealand yarn! I got my Almanac in the mail yesterday and promptly picked up some green Mauch chunky yarn that is 60% New Zealand wool.

    I just googled your yarn and the available colors look gorgeous!

    By Blogger Glaistig, at 6:41 AM  

  • It won't be as nautical as his brother's hat, but hopefully it will be grown up enough. I'm not allowed to put the pompom on the top. :(

    It's lovely yarn (spooky New Zealand coincidence!!). I;m using the green camouflage colourway. About 4 inches done now!

    By Blogger Kate, at 2:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home