Zimmermania

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Tiny (sweet) Thing Accomplished

I finished my little EZ potholder a couple of days ago and it has already been involved in the baking of 3 dozen chocolate chip cookies, and a stir fry dinner. See it posing here with my high-priced hand model.



My Zimmermania fervor has been temporarily slowed while I figure out a way to get my hands on the Baby Surprise Jacket pattern. The library has me on a list, but I'm thinking a lot about just buying myself Knitter's Workshop or The Opinionated Knitter as an early birthday present.

4 Comments:

  • I agree, go for your own copy of the book. Worse comes to worse, you only knit that one pattern over and over. Love the potholder, the hand model has nice wrist action and of course, cast iron, ahh, enough said.

    Liza the blogless

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:40 AM  

  • If it's a choice of one or the other, get Opinionated - it has the adult version of the Surprise Jacket as well. Lots of lovely colour pictures of the sweaters modelled by Meg, her kids, and her grandchildren too.

    By Blogger ax174, at 7:22 AM  

  • Definitely treat yourself to the Opinionated Knitter--I am enjoying that one a bit more than Knitter's Workshop. The pot holder looks great, v cheery. And I think we have the same espresso maker--is that a Bialetti?

    By Blogger S, at 11:24 AM  

  • Not to discourage the purchasing of fabulous knitting books...but I ordered the Baby Surprise Jacket pattern from the Schoolhouse Press site as a separate pattern leaflet:
    http://www.schoolhousepress.com/spunout.htm
    It's 1B, and it costs $3.00.

    You can get several of the classics in this form. I am all for buying yourself birthday goodies, but this method fit my budget a little better than buying all of the books. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home