Zimmermania

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

My first color stranded sweater.

Knit lo, these many years ago (okay, maybe ten). It's a Chainmail sweater from "Knitter's Almanac". I used Brown Sheep Naturespun sport in I know not what colors... two shades of orange, magenta, purple, and two shades of slate blue. (Sounds like a train wreck, doesn't it?) At any rate, it was a great learning experience and got me addicted to stranded color knitting, and I thought you guys would get a kick out of it.

6 Comments:

  • I love the color combination. The slate blue really balances the orange and reds. Beautiful sweater!

    By Blogger S, at 7:55 AM  

  • Both the pattern and the color combination are beautiful. Wow.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:16 AM  

  • Gorgeous! Is that the Difficult Sweater (not really) from Knitter's Almanac? The stitch pattern kind of reminded me of that...

    By Blogger Tara, at 11:49 AM  

  • Yup, that's the one!

    I wasn't really brave to try it - I was too dumb about stranded color knitting to realize it was hard, and just dug in. Haha.

    By Blogger Julie, at 12:00 PM  

  • That's the way to do it! The sweater is gorgeous, and reinforces the notion that I should try one of those someday...

    By Blogger Kate A., at 12:38 PM  

  • Julie! Hurray!

    By Blogger mathomhouse, at 12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home