Zimmermania

Thursday, September 21, 2006

EZ as Pi


Where to start? Knitting W/O Tears was the first knitting book I ever asked for, and had to have it special ordered (I've never found EZ at Barnes and Noble; why is this?). I read it through right away and was hooked.
I got Knitter's Almanac a few months ago and after reading July was convinced I needed to knit a shawl on my roadtrip from OH to FL (and back again!). I found the EZPI Yahoo Group, who had just started a sort of Choose Your Own Adventure/Mystery KAL. Several clues were posted for each section and you could pick what you wanted. I started mine the first day of the trip and finished it one month later (and moved out of state during this month!)
This KAL has convinced me I need a Ganomy hat and BrooklynTweed, you've almost convinced my husband to wear handknits (he's always hot and no sweater has tempted him until I showed him yours!), I'm considering casting on another Pi shawl (the Yahoo group is doing another Mystery KAL with some tempting charts!) and now I need to purchase The Opinionated Knitter so I can have some form fitted stockings! Any suggestions on where to get it for cheap?

4 Comments:

  • Love your Pi shawl! The Opinionated Knitter is such a gem. If you are looking for a bargin, maybe purchase it second hand from amazon or ebay. HTH

    By Blogger S, at 8:50 PM  

  • That's such a beautiful shawl! Makes me even more certain that I want to knit one after the Ganomy hat. :D

    By Blogger Kate, at 2:46 AM  

  • wow - unbelievable shawl! me thinks the pi shawl will definitely be in my EZ knitting future!

    By Blogger gwen, at 7:22 AM  

  • your Pi shawl is gorgeous!

    By Blogger MeowGirl, at 12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home