Zimmermania

Sunday, March 16, 2008

He'll Grow Into It

I can finally justify my membership to the Zimmermaniacs. I've finished the Seamless Shirt-Yoke sweater for my 13 year old son. It's really big. Not, however, as big as it was before I ripped the entire yoke out and shortened the sleeves by 3 inches. He'd had a huge growth spurt and I over-reacted. It's still big, and I'd be annoyed with myself, except he loves it.

I started this last March, got distracted, and picked it up again in January. Knit on it on and off and then went really head down these last few weeks. It was (ahem) a learning experience, and there are posts about my progress, forward and backward, over at my blog.

I've already cast on for a sweater for his older brother. Once I've finished that, I'll start one for my husband. He will only wear cardigans. I'm hoping by the time I've grafted my third shirt-yoke, I'll be ready to cut my knitting. It could happen.

2 Comments:

  • You did a wonderful job on the sweater. I really want to try one of these. All of you give me courage.
    Ron

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:27 AM  

  • That's a great color!

    I had the same sleeve growth thing happen with the one I made for my husband. I measured sleeves on his favorite store-bought sweater, and then used that measurement for the sleeves on the shirt-yoke sweater. When all was finished, the sleeves were almost exactly three inches too long for him! But he won't let me cut them down; he just rolls them up and says he loves it the way it is. Maybe the fact that it took almost a year to knit it had something to do with it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home