Zimmermania

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Fishtrap Cardigan

Greetings Zimmermaniacs!

I wanted to share with you the first adult sweater I ever knitted...the fishtrap cardigan from the Knitter's Almanac. I LOVE this pattern. I used Lamb's Pride worsted in creme, and followed EZ's instructions to a T, including machine stitching around the steek. If I try this again as a cardigan, I think I'll follow Brooklyntweed's instructions on doing a crocheted steek...it looks cool and allows for elasticity. But I'm glad I tried EZ's way first. I absolutely adore her writing style.

This was a gift for my mother for Christmas 2006. I knitted this at a frantic pace for about 2 months, then was still doing details on Christmas Eve. Yikes. Blocking never even crossed my mind with this, and really it didn't need it. I can't tell you how in love I am with this pattern. I want to try the pull-over version just to do the fishtrap pattern again.




This past Christmas I knitted EZ's Norwegian mittens from Knitting Around. I missed getting a picture though, so I'll have to visit home and grab a shot so I can share. Visit my blog for more about his sweater: http://www.major-moonbeam.blogspot.com/.

4 Comments:

  • Beautiful! It is a lovely pattern, if a lot of work.

    By Blogger Sarah / Blue Garter, at 1:54 PM  

  • I really like your fishtrap cardi! I'm not typically a fan of cables and textures (I'm typically drawn to color work) but you have totally inspired me. I really like what you did. Beautiful.

    By Blogger Mary, at 3:02 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger meyer, at 3:52 AM  

  • Meg Swansen demonstrates the crocheted steeks on the Knitting Glossary DVD. I like them better too! Nice job!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home