Zimmermania

Friday, May 04, 2007

non-wool yarn?

I'm new to this site but am a long-time EZ fan. We first watched her on PBS in the 1960's on our b&w TV set. I've knitted for 60 years but am just getting back into it again and am thrilled to find this website.

My question is -- can anyone recommend good yarns that aren't wool? Our children and grandchildren are allergic to wool, alas. (My husband and I aren't.)

I've made a tomten sweater in pre-school size (using Caron Simply Soft worsted in Embroidery Print) and now am working on one in infant size (using Stork 100% cotton in sock weight, pink). I'd like to make socks and sweaters, mostly.

Thanks!

1 Comments:

  • I'm only just trying it for the first time, but I like panda cotton for socks so far (only 2 inches of sock done!). It's part cotton, part bamboo and part stretchy. The green variagated is quite nice, and it gives a nice solid, but stretchy fabric on 1's.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home