Zimmermania

Friday, May 18, 2007

finished fair isle





i have finished the fair isle. it has been gifted to my niece and modeled and photographed. and i am sorry for being such a lousy photographer. as a knitting documentarist one should probably consider a photography class. my niece said: i would love if you would knit me a sweater with a 'round yoke'. this was the same day i received the opinionated in the mail. so we headed for the lys to get a warm caffe latte alpaca for the body and a baby pink, a mossy green, and greenish brown and a coffee brown alpaca for the yoke. it knits at 25 stitches to 4 inches on addis nr 3½ mm. i used meg's modified percentages for the yoke and the sleeves are 40 % of k. i only did 3 rounds of decreases since the body circumference isn't that big. and there is truly no puckering. highly recommend this pattern. it is great fun and knitting the yoke is like getting a rich dessert after months of dieting. tonight i will start meg's saddle shouldered aran cardi. i like to learn new techniques with every project. but i am also dying to knit another fair isle yoke in jamieson's spindrift. wow. as you can see my niece's family is a whole family of zimmermaniacs. unfortunately the dad was too busy to model in his grey seamless hybrid. and the little girl is my knitting muse as elizabeth is my mentor.

22 Comments:

  • It's beautiful!

    By Blogger Romi, at 1:04 PM  

  • It's lovely, that the kind of sweater I relearned how to knit in order to make it for myself. I thimk I need another 23 years later.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:05 PM  

  • Gorgeous sweater.

    Punkin

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:21 PM  

  • That is truly beautiful. Some day I'll be brave enough to try Fair Isle! The colors you chose look perfect with your niece's coloring. And the green Feb. baby sweater is such a happy color!

    By Blogger goodkarma, at 1:28 PM  

  • Oh wow, two EZ sweaters in one picture! Very beautiful interpretations, too. And really, with such abundant baby cuteness and knitterly glory, the pictures can't be less than stunning.

    By Blogger Sarah / Blue Garter, at 1:36 PM  

  • What a wonderful picture of knitted garments!
    I love it all

    I do plan on making my first yoked sweater soon
    Looks like fun to do up.
    Baby is just TOO cute,, and looks oh so cozy ,,,,,

    By Blogger luv2knit, at 5:08 PM  

  • Very beautiful projects!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:56 PM  

  • Beautiful! Beautiful work! Your pictures are wonderful, they always make me 'homesick' for Denmark- where else can you find that lovely warm yellow plastered brick? A perfect backdrop for your work!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:42 PM  

  • The sweater is gorgeous, and your niece and the baby are adorable. What pattern did you use for the beautiful baby sweater?

    By Blogger Reluctant Penguin, at 3:13 AM  

  • That is such a beautiful sweater. The colors work together so well, and your niece looks so happy to model it! Now I need to get a copy of The Opinionated Knitter!

    By Blogger Jodi, at 6:23 AM  

  • Sooooo lovely! Both sweaters, actually. And the ladies too. wow

    By Blogger Filambulle, at 7:24 AM  

  • Glorious!

    By Blogger Sheep Thrills Lisa, at 8:30 AM  

  • What a lovely yoke sweater! Your sense of color is exceptional. And your photos are fine!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:49 PM  

  • Your color work is just superb! Brava

    By Blogger Mary, at 8:33 PM  

  • Lovely jumper! Both on your neice and the baby! Gorgeous!

    Can anyone tell me where I can find Meg's modified percentages? I'm planning on making a seamless sweater soon and would love to see the changes! Thanks!

    By Blogger Melinda, at 9:07 PM  

  • what a gorgeous shape and drape that sweater has...you've done a great job and it is modelled so well! It a good thing we have these little people to knit for!

    By Blogger picperfic, at 2:12 AM  

  • The yoke sweater is beautiful, the February baby sweater is adorable (love the color) and the baby is the cutest thing of all. Thank heaven we have babies to knit for!

    By Blogger karenthecomputerwife, at 1:12 PM  

  • Absolutely gorgeous! Where did you find Meg's modified percentages for the yoke?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:55 AM  

  • spectacular! great great sweater - love it.

    By Blogger j a r e d, at 9:21 AM  

  • That yoke sweater is gorgeous! I'm dying to make another one myself, and I love your warm color choices. What yarn did you use for the baby sweater? I have yet to make a Feb baby sweater and I think yours is adorable!

    By Blogger Emily/Knit Addictions, at 11:01 AM  

  • BEAUTIFUL! Lovely colors.

    By Blogger Briana E., at 8:26 AM  

  • Wow, inspiring. I must start an EZ pattern.....

    By Blogger Aim, at 6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home