Zimmermania

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

fair isle yoke



here are some shots of my wip. the fair isle yoke which is for my niece whose whole family like to wear zimmermann designs. and this is very vintage i think. i have done a lot of ripping and starting over again. working in alpaca on dpns for the sleeves turned out to be a not so good idea. serious gauge problems. but the problem was solved by getting a very small circular needle from addi. i hope i will finish this work tomorrow and hopefully my niece will model it for fellow zimmermaniacs.

6 Comments:

  • It's coming along beautifully! The green is lovely.
    I have gauge issues with dpns too- usually I just go down a size or two to fix the problem.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:36 PM  

  • Please consider two, 24" circulars for the sleeves (or the 40" 'magic loop'); it may solve your gauge probs when working small circumferences. I was happy to abandon those small circulars with their stubby business-ends; so uncomfortable.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:20 AM  

  • I love the colors of this sweater--I think it's a classic that she will treasure for many years. Here's to the timelessness of EZ!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:22 AM  

  • Oh, that is just a *lovely* yoke. Truly, one of the pretties matches of color and pattern I have seen.

    By Blogger Emily Scott Banks, at 8:40 AM  

  • Hm, I'm almost done with the body of a raglan/yoke/'who-knows-which- style-takes-my-fancy-when-i-get-there' sweater for my 2year old daughter. Given the small size of the jumper I was going to use dpns for the sleeves (can't stand really small circs)... now I'm not so sure anymore :) Can anyone explain why and how using dpns messes with the gauge?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:56 AM  

  • It's beautiful. I hope to knit a sweater like that someday.

    By Blogger mccallsa, at 5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home