Zimmermania

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Adult Shorties

These are based on EZ's pattern for adult longies, with some anatomical considerations / modifications... I made them short because that was all the yarn I had left from the princess dress and because I just needed something small for ballet. Everything was calculated with 10% negative ease.

Short-row shaping just after the leg join, instead of at the waist. This turned out fantastic. I only needed 5 sets of short-rows to accomodate the buttocks-bulge and none above the waist. The waist did not end up tilted at all.

Spread-out decreases from hip to waist. The decrease line moves out one stitch every decrease. Also fantastic as spreading the decreases precluded the fabric pulling down.

Also a short-row gusset at the leg join for more flexibility. Looks funny here, but it works well. These will have their first test run in class Monday and I hope to get some pics of these in action.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • Oh my gosh these are sooo wicked!! Love them and wish I had a written down pattern with the new unventions(ahem ahem) to make some for my (chronically cold in winter) sister to wear under skirts and dresses! I hope the work out excellently at class.

    By Blogger Ali P, at 1:32 PM  

  • i love them. perfect for dance or for yoga.

    By Blogger knititch, at 12:13 AM  

  • How did they work out? Any pictures of them on?
    Thanks!

    By Blogger Kivy, at 12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home