Zimmermania

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Baby Surprise Jacket

Slowly, slowly, I become more enamored with Elizabeth. I sometimes wonder - could I knit only garter stitch from now on and be happy? With a shelf full of EZ books and a basket of wool it might be possible.

Baby Surprise Jacket

Pattern: Baby Surprise Jacket from The Opinionated Knitter by EZ.
Needles: US 5, bamboo, long circular
Yarn: Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in colors CW-880 Lime Light (the green), CW-585 Wolverine Blue (the dark blue), CW-555 Robin Egg Blue (the light blue)
Guage: 5 sts/inch
Finished size:

  • Body width: 10″ after increases
  • Height: 11.75″
  • Cuff to cuff: 18.75″
  • Width of cuff: 4.5″ after cuff increasing
There have been some wonderous and inspiring (I use that word a lot around here) BSJs knit lately, and I'm happy to add my first to the pile.

I put some more pictures on my blog.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

  • I LOVE EZ's way of making a person "free" to knit anything. Your baby surprise jacket is gorgeous!

    By Blogger N. Maria, at 6:47 PM  

  • Your BSJ is awesome-- I love the colors! Well, I knew it would happen eventually... There'd be a BSj so beautiful, that I'd have to jump on the bandwagon and make one! Good Job!

    By Blogger KibitzKnitz, at 4:46 AM  

  • Oh your BSJ is just beautiful. What great colors and striping! Yay! Isn't it fun? This little jacket? I'm on my 2nd, and am hooked.

    By Blogger knittingjuju, at 10:30 AM  

  • What a handsome example! You did a beautiful job on the stripe placement - I always feel like I'm just guessing how it might come out.

    By Blogger Sarah / Blue Garter, at 11:23 AM  

  • Your stripes are brilliant!
    Well done - and get knitting those EZs, so that we can see them here. (",)

    By Blogger Tina - omme i London, at 7:08 AM  

  • Hi, I’m knitting this jacket too at the moment and have hit a snag. I reached 152 stitches and cast of 5 at beg of next two rows for neck as instructed. The next instruction happens at 158 st. but as you are increasing 4 in a row, 152+4=156, not 158?

    When you come to pick up your stitches again after working 10 ridges on the centre 90 st, it instructs you to pick up 34 st from your needle. I don’t have 34 st on my needle becuase I just cast off 5! I’m so hoping you’ll have time to help me. I’ve put maxium effort into thi jacket, I would hate to fall at the last hurdle. Many thanks.

    By Blogger Sally Webster, at 12:31 PM  

  • It's okay, the penny has just dropped! Thanks anyway.

    By Blogger Sally Webster, at 12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home