Zimmermania

Sunday, May 06, 2007

BSJ in organic dye-free cotton





I worked up this bsj in blue sky organic cotton. The colors all grew that way - go figure. I haven't added the buttons or the ribbon for the cap yet but I think that it will be perfect for a California fall grandbaby. I did add to the sleeves and put on a collar (picture didn't take well of the collar - it isn't really lopsided).

I also used Elizabeth's double sided pot holder idea to make another organic cotton baby sleeping bag and a matching sun bonnet. You could either slip the baby inside the double knit blanket or use it as a receiving blanket or even bath towel.

4 Comments:

  • Ilove the organic cotton colors. The edging is beautiful too. Did you crochet it? Congratulations on the grandbaby. My second one is due in November. It really is true, there is nothing like grandchildren. :)
    Amelia's MoMo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:45 PM  

  • blankets are lovely for babies. will be worn to pieces.

    By Blogger knititch, at 2:30 PM  

  • I think this is my favorite BSJ yet; even including the two I've made! I have my first grandchild pending in October, and may add a collar; thanks for showing us.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:21 PM  

  • So glad to see the potholder blanket! Very nice indeed.

    And the BSJ is beautiful in all it's organic goodness.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home