Friday, April 06, 2007

It's Another Tomten!

I finished this Tomten for my daughter a couple of weeks ago. I had been considering trying a Tomten for quite awhile, and this one gave me just the inspiration I needed to go forward with it. Thanks Mandy! It's done in Plymouth Galway. Handwash only. I'm sure I'll be kicking myself over that one.

Now I have to decide whether to do a bigger version for my six year old son, or try the Epaulet Jacket. Hmmm. Decisions, decisions.

Also, thanks for the really kind comments on my Ganomy and Maltese.

Mel Austen



  • Oh, that's so cute! Nice work.

    By Blogger Kelley, at 7:21 PM  

  • So extremely cute!!! I love the stripes. Very nice!

    By Blogger Peggy, at 9:49 PM  

  • very very cute!

    By Anonymous Mandy, at 6:20 AM  

  • That's adorable. What kind of edge did you put on it? Is it i-cord or garter stitch? I love the buttons, too.

    By Blogger Friender, at 7:22 AM  

  • oh dear what a lovely little person proudly wearing her tomten. i adore that pattern. good work.

    By Blogger knititch, at 8:11 AM  

  • So cute! And so is the tomtem. Love the colors.

    By Anonymous tiennie, at 9:42 PM  

  • Oh! It's adorable! I don't think you'll regret using the Galway. I find it soothing to knit with and clothe my children in plain old wool. When I wash the woolies I always think about how EZ likened it to bathing a baby. So true.

    By Blogger Renee, at 4:08 AM  

  • Thanks so much for all the lovely comments--everyone is so nice here! The edging is i-cord with invisible buttonholes. The buttons were quite a find. They are actually little pieces of tree branch with tiny holes drilled in them. I agonized for 2 weeks over whether to do a zipper or buttons. I'm glad I chose the buttons. It's easier for sitting down and for going in the car since I can undo the bottom buttons.


    By Blogger melausten, at 4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home