Zimmermania

Friday, April 06, 2007

It's Another Tomten!

I finished this Tomten for my daughter a couple of weeks ago. I had been considering trying a Tomten for quite awhile, and this one gave me just the inspiration I needed to go forward with it. Thanks Mandy! It's done in Plymouth Galway. Handwash only. I'm sure I'll be kicking myself over that one.

Now I have to decide whether to do a bigger version for my six year old son, or try the Epaulet Jacket. Hmmm. Decisions, decisions.


Also, thanks for the really kind comments on my Ganomy and Maltese.

Mel Austen

Labels:

8 Comments:

  • Oh, that's so cute! Nice work.

    By Blogger Kelley, at 7:21 PM  

  • So extremely cute!!! I love the stripes. Very nice!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:49 PM  

  • very very cute!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:20 AM  

  • That's adorable. What kind of edge did you put on it? Is it i-cord or garter stitch? I love the buttons, too.

    By Blogger JenniferB, at 7:22 AM  

  • oh dear what a lovely little person proudly wearing her tomten. i adore that pattern. good work.

    By Blogger knititch, at 8:11 AM  

  • So cute! And so is the tomtem. Love the colors.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:42 PM  

  • Oh! It's adorable! I don't think you'll regret using the Galway. I find it soothing to knit with and clothe my children in plain old wool. When I wash the woolies I always think about how EZ likened it to bathing a baby. So true.

    By Blogger Renee, at 4:08 AM  

  • Thanks so much for all the lovely comments--everyone is so nice here! The edging is i-cord with invisible buttonholes. The buttons were quite a find. They are actually little pieces of tree branch with tiny holes drilled in them. I agonized for 2 weeks over whether to do a zipper or buttons. I'm glad I chose the buttons. It's easier for sitting down and for going in the car since I can undo the bottom buttons.

    Mel

    By Blogger melausten, at 4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home