Zimmermania

Friday, April 13, 2007

Introduction with FO's

Hi there! I have been reading this blog with pleasure for a month or so now, and it finally induced me to join. I've been on a little EZ binge lately, which is by no means over. But here's what's developed so far.

First attempt at serious colorwork and also EPS using a Whisky yoke pattern, and yarn. Modified rolled boatneck. Next time I might add waist shaping, and more sleeve length. I bought the yarn to do a male version in thicker wool for my husband. Looking forward to it.
Then, with the excuse of a dear friend who's expecting this fall I went on a BSJ bender:
The first is Ella Rae Classic on Denise 5's, which made about a 2T?

Aand the second is Plymouth Jean Nee cotton on Addi 4's, which I'd say is about a 0-3m size. Lovely drape to this one.
Both have hand carved heart buttons, from wood and bone.

Thanks!


11 Comments:

  • Oh great. Now I have to wipe slobber off my keyboard because you FOs are so drool-eriffic!!! Gorgeous. The coulrs are to die for and OMG!! those buttons.

    By Blogger Ali P, at 7:19 PM  

  • Fantastic! Your pullover is beautiful and is a great fit. I'm sure the next one will be just as impressive. Your BSJs are so sweet!

    By Blogger goodkarma, at 8:12 PM  

  • Awesome BSJs! I hope to post my own very, very soon. Send good BSJ vibes my way!

    By Blogger karenthecomputerwife, at 12:55 AM  

  • Wow! I love your sweater. It's exactly the kind of thing I want.. I'm going to have to go stash diving, me thinks!

    By Blogger KnittyLynn, at 1:19 AM  

  • Beautiful colorwork. Somehow I have never seen Whiskey yarn - thanks for the link! The heathery colors are yummy.

    By Blogger becky c., at 4:36 AM  

  • Beautiful sweater. The colors are great!

    By Blogger Freda, at 5:33 AM  

  • Lovely color choices!

    By Blogger Jen, at 8:29 AM  

  • For the very easiest waist shaping ever use a needle 2 or 3 sizes smaller for a few inches starting just above the hip. It looks great and is very subtle. This is especially nice when doing patternwork of any kind where you don't want to mess with the stitch count.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:58 AM  

  • Lovely sweaters! I love the open neck on your pullover. Beautiful!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:12 AM  

  • Your FO's are divine! I love the modified boatneck on your sweater, and the fit is perfect. As to the BSJ's, they're an inspiration.

    By Blogger Lisa, at 10:25 AM  

  • Wow, thank you for all the kind words!!! And the needle change idea from Lilly, too; so smart and simple.

    This is my first time to join a kal, so I forgot I had to check back to read the comments; so I apologize for the belated reply, but really, thank you all!!

    By Blogger Emily Scott Banks, at 3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home