Zimmermania

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Tiny Moebius Vest for a Monkey

So I've been loving on Elizabeth Zimmerman a lot more than normal lately, and I've really been wanting to make sweatery things. But being that I'm a large girl I don't want to make a sweater for myself, and I don't have enough yarn in my stash to make a sweater for my fiance, so I decided I'd make a moebius vest for the monkey I knitted him for Christmas..

Elizabeth Zimmerman's Moebius Vest


I made the vest itself using some tussah silk yarn I got from this awesome etsy shop. It is in a colorway called "Swamp Monster" and Rita (the owner of the shop) thought for sure no one would buy it because she thought it was ugly.. I love it! Silk IS hard to work with, though, when it's spun like that. It kinda "sticks" and it doesn't stretch so it was tough.

Adorable, though. No icord edging, but if I ever make the realsize version I probably will.

7 Comments:

  • i think this is so wonderful. love knitted toys. never did any though.

    By Blogger knititch, at 3:18 PM  

  • That is soooooo cute!
    cheers.

    By Blogger Mary, at 6:28 PM  

  • What a cute idea! The vest is perfect on the monkey. Would you tell us where you found the monkey pattern? Thanks for sharing.

    By Blogger MJ, at 4:41 AM  

  • The monkey pattern was in an issue of Simply Knitting, but I think it is in "World of Knitted Toys"

    By Blogger Cornellian, at 4:58 AM  

  • So cute!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:24 PM  

  • hi. i love the monkey...do you have a pattern reference? i am enamored of all things primate and i would want to make my own! so cute. the little sweater is just perfect.

    By Blogger mames, at 5:20 PM  

  • whoops, just saw the other comment.

    By Blogger mames, at 5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home