Zimmermania

Monday, April 09, 2007

Baby Surplice Jacket



Here is my first ever "Baby Surplice Jacket", finished a few days ago on board the Caribbean Princess between St. Thomas and Princess Cay. (Bragging? Yep, just a little. :) This is the pattern from the Spring/Summer 2007 issue of Vogue Knitting magazine. I really enjoyed knitting this and will definitely make more. I used worsted weight yarn and size 9 needles, so my jacket is not baby-sized. I'll be sending it off to the Dulaan Project, http://www.nwkniterati.com/movabletype/archives/MossyCottage/001682.html, so I'm hoping it will fit a 4 or 5 year old. Just gotta find the perfect buttons!

6 Comments:

  • Oh, it's adorable! I've got to get my hands on that issue.

    By Blogger Sarah / Blue Garter, at 11:03 AM  

  • That's wonderful! I love the crossover closure. That looks like Nalgar sleeve shaping. Very nice!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:47 AM  

  • Is that garter stitch??

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:48 AM  

  • beautiful variation on the bsj. want to knit one too.

    By Blogger knititch, at 1:04 PM  

  • Yep, it's garter stitch just like the original BSJ pattern.

    By Blogger becky c., at 3:30 PM  

  • what a nice way to spend your vacation! a lovely jacket

    By Blogger eudyptula, at 3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home