Zimmermania

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Weekend Sweater Finished



This is the Weekend Sweeter from Wool Gathering #65. It is pretty obviously a variation on the simple yoke sweater, but I didn’t compare it with KWOT to see exactly how it’s different. It was made using Knit Picks Andean Treasure in Lilac using a US size 8 needle. I used 9 balls for 36”sweater and I’m tallish, so the arms and body are longer than for someone else. I really love how well it fits.

I only had to break out the calculator once. It happened that I got the same key number that Meg was using for her example sweater. She knit a larger sweater, but also a larger gauge. So, I was just able to toss my little Wool Gathering in the knit bag and off I went. I did the recommended short rows in the body to prevent DRU, and the short rows in the yoke to raise the back of the sweater. The only real choice/modification that I made was for the cuffs and neckline and yoke. Instead of ribbing or hems, I used Daisy Stitch from Barbara Walker’s Treasury of Knitted Patterns Vol. 1. I also repeated one of the pattern rows of the Daisy Stitch after I did the yoke decreases for the first two rounds. After the third yoke decrease I just changed to Daisy Stitch for the collar.

Knitting time: I started around end of September and have been knitting, sewing and painting for various projects.

This was my first EZ sweater and it definitely won’t be my last. I’m already eyeballing the stash trying to figure out what I want to swatch next, but I have a dinosaur costume to finish ASAP.

Leigh

3 Comments:

  • Love it! Love the daisy stitch pattern also! It looks great! I too am on pause with the knitting to work on 3 costumes!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:35 PM  

  • So pretty! I love the color and the stitch pattern.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:25 AM  

  • That is lovely! The stitch pattern is just what the lavendar needed.

    By Blogger Denise, at 9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home