Zimmermania

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Norwegian Ski Sweater Done

All of the knitting is done! I still have to order the clasps from Schoolhouse Press. The final specs are:
Using a size 4 needle, Knit Picks Yarn in Telemark (Black, Cream, and Red) I was able to get about 4.5 sts. to the inch. There are no seams. Cut open the front steek for a cardigan, leave plain for a pullover. Cut open armholes. The sleeves are knit from the cuff up, and then sewn in. I used EZ's EPS for this garment, and also borrowed the first 3 charts from her book Knitting Workshop. The gorgeous top traditional norwegian star is from Meg Swansens Wool Gathering for September 06. Pick up and knit the collar for about 6", and pick up and knit the buttonbands about 1" wide each. I may try to write this pattern if anyone would be interested. It's pretty basic however if you follow the above info. Have a great knitting week, and knit on :) Posted by Picasa

13 Comments:

  • It's absolutely beautiful. You must be an awfully fast knitter! I have enjoyed watching your project develop, and it has been inspiring.

    By Blogger Jodi, at 10:21 PM  

  • Just gogeous! What an inspiration. Thanks for sharing.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:16 PM  

  • Great job. It looks wonderful.

    By Blogger Jessica, at 11:51 PM  

  • Congratulations! That's a wonderful piece.

    By Blogger Monika, at 4:17 AM  

  • It's beautiful! Well done!

    By Blogger Kirsten, at 4:47 AM  

  • Thank you all. I'm glad it's done, and I can't wait to get the clasps on. However, it may be going away. Someone that has another of the sweaters that I've made wants another, and this one is just about her size. So we'll see if she likes it :) (huh, maybe I'll have a sweater for myself some day)

    By Blogger Liz M., at 6:00 AM  

  • WOW!.....LOVE IT!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:25 AM  

  • gorgeous! so professional.....you are an inspiration, I hope to knit so well one day!

    By Blogger Nonna Rose, at 12:43 PM  

  • It's great Liz! I've been wondering it you had it done yet. What's next?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:05 PM  

  • That is amazing! I hope it is worn with as much love as went into making it! Great job!!

    By Blogger sunneshine, at 4:04 PM  

  • I am humbled! What an incredible piece of work . . . and you are giving it away!!! It is beautiful and you are generous!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:34 AM  

  • No, I'm not giving it away. I would be selling it. But I decided not too! It fits me too well! I made it for myself, so I just can't bring myself to hand it over to anyone! Or sell it, thanks for all the encouraging commnets :)

    By Blogger Liz M., at 3:48 PM  

  • I'm glad you changed your mind and are keeping this beautiful sweater. DD & I are both new to knitting just this past summer. We love it but are not doing sweaters like this yet! LOL Thanks for posting all along. It's really gorgeous.

    By Blogger Kathy in DC, at 7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home