Zimmermania

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Snail Hat!

Hello Everyone! This is my completed Snail Hat found in KWT. I used some leftover Morehouse Merino that I happened to have in my stash. I believe the color is Lichen.

I love the hat (in fact I'm wearing it right now!) and it was very fun to make--and very quick. It held me over for this knit-along until I found yarn for my REAL Zimmermania project--the Hawser Sweater from Knitting Workshop.

I would definitely recommend this pattern to anyone who likes to rock funky hats!

5 Comments:

  • I always wondered how the snail would look in real life...fabulous! I love it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:34 PM  

  • Okay, why does my snail hat not look like that!! Yours looks fab. Mine is kind of flat and the sprial is not as defined :( I followed the instructions in KWT to the letter, or so I thought. I'll have to post a pic of it eventually.

    By Blogger S, at 8:46 PM  

  • Thank you--I do love it. I don't know why yours wouldn't work out without seeing a picture...I know that there were many times that I had to tink back because I'd forgotten the m1 increase.

    By Blogger VickeryKnits, at 7:12 PM  

  • Oh--I have The Opinionated Knitter! now I can't wait to make another one!

    By Blogger VickeryKnits, at 2:57 PM  

  • Last nite I tried this hat, the 3 spiral version, and had to frog it twice. Could not figure out what I was doing wrong as I thought I was being so careful with the stitch count. I am so glad I found this typo that Meg talks about, will try again tonight. Thank you Meg!

    By Blogger Jolene, at 7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home